MAKING THE LAW
Where do our Laws come from?
- Ideas into Laws
- Possible Sources: Government/Opposition/Public Enquiry/Civil Service/Campaign Groups
- Green Paper- for public discussions
- White Paper- for approval by Cabinet
- Bill prepared
- Bill Introduced to Parliament
- Debated in both Houses of Parliament
- House of Commons
- House of Lords
- Voted on
- Royal Assent
- Becomes Law as Act of Parliament
Law-Answers.com takes steps to comply with applicable policies relating its links to the external sites on its Help Desks. If you are aware that we are potentially non-compliant with any such policies, we request that you kindly draw this to our attention by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can make any necessary changes. Your help in ensuring we stick to the rules of contributing websites is appreciated. The UK Government actively encourages users to link to its on-line sites through GOV.UK and its related information services. These are the Terms & Conditions of use for GOV.UK and its related website and on-line links. Atkins-Shield aims always to be fully compliant with these Terms & Conditions and with the terms of The Open Government License for Public Sector Information. These and all links and documents on Help Desk are provided on the basis of our Business Terms.